Fine Art Print Information and Care
Fine Art Print Paper:
- Torchon by Hahnemühle fine art watercolor paper.
- Pure cellulose paper with watercolor paper qualities and distinct (slightly) textured surface.
- Acid-free, pH neutral, pure cellulose paper.
- Archival pigment inks for brilliance, vibrance and print longevity.
- A matte (non-gloss) appearance with beautiful image sharpness and excellent color gradation to showcase the nuances of the image tones.
Fine Art Print Mounting:
- Unlike a flimsy poster or delicate unmounted print, our Fine Art Prints are back-mounted with a lightweight 1/4-inch white acid-free foamboard that ensures greater durability and longevity.
- This prevents the print from sagging in your frame and also helps to prevent any curling, creasing, or wrinkling.
- The backmount runs edge to edge: if you order an 11x14 print, the backmount is 11x14. Perfect for inserting in frames.
No white border:
- Fine art prints have NO border (there is no white border surrounding the image).
- This means the photographic image covers the entire surface measurement of the print: if you order an 11x14 print, the photographic image is 11x14 with no border.
- You are always welcome to custom frame your fine art print with a gorgeous white mat surround. If you are electing to have your framer add a mat to your image, we kindly recommend a white 8-ply museum mat for a fine art finish.
- Due to the varied nature of standard print sizing (varied ratios), images may have slight variation on final cropping based on the standard dimension selected.
- Torchon fine art watercolor paper, made by Hahnemühle, is a pure cellulose watercolor paper that renders absolutely gorgeous, but does not innately come with surface durability protection.
- Although the Torchon surface is more resistant to scratches than other types of fine art paper, please always handle your print with care.
- Frame your print (with glass overlay) to ensure your investment is well protected.
- Protect your fine art print investment from harsh, direct sunlight to ensure your print can be enjoyed for generations.
- If you wish to hang your new fine art print in a sunny area, ask your professional framer about UV-Filter ArtGlass 99, which blocks 99% of UV rays.